Episode 83 - Jill Fain Lehman, Ph.D. on Developing Language Interactions
This week, Carla Diana and Tom Guarriello speak with Dr. Jill Fain Lehman about her work on language and machines at Carnegie-Mellon University and as a consultant at Disney.
- Jill's LinkedIn Page
- Jill's work with Disney
- Using technology for language-based interactions with children
- Creating interactions that are fun for kids
- We need a "theory of fun"
- Creating systems for children on autism spectrum
- Scott McCloud's facial representation abstraction spectrum
- Scott McCloud's excellent book, Understanding Comics
- Interacting with Alexa, Jibo and other "intelligent agents"
- Mathblasters and other early "edutainment" systems
- The "behavioral uncanny valley" of stereotypical activities
- What makes an interaction a "conversation"?
- Dr. Paul Pangaro RoboPsych Podcast interview
- Apple's 1987 "Knowledge Navigator" interactive agent video
- Jill's thoughts about near-term developments in human-machine interaction
- Teaser for Jill's next RoboPsych Podcast appearance!
The RoboPsych Podcast has been voted one of the Top 5 Robotics Podcasts by Feedspot readers.
Thanks for listening to the RoboPsych Podcast. Please subscribe and review!
Subscribe in iTunes
Subscribe on Overcast